We are excited that The Cake Boys have joined us in producing an amazing Fashion, Drag Show Fundraiser for mental health services for trans youth and their parents. The Gender and Family Project.
This event will take place Saturday November 6th, 6pm at 290 Meserole St, Brooklyn "3 Dollar Bill", With performances by Sweaty Eddie, Tina Twirler, Michael love Michael, Muscles Monty, Richard, Senerio, Vox Lo, and so many more .
The Gender & Family Project (GFP) empowers youth, families and communities by providing gender affirmative services, training and research. GFP promotes gender inclusivity as a form of social justice in all the systems involved in the life of the family.
Working directly with transgender and gender expansive young people, their families and their communities, GFP offers a variety of programs and services aimed to build community, decrease isolation, and foster hope and resiliency. Through community and clinical services, research, training and education, GFP provides comprehensive and customized advocacy, regardless of a family’s financial situation or ability to pay.
Jean Malpas, LMHC, LMFT, is the Founder & Executive Director of GFP. He is an internationally recognized expert provider for transgender and gender expansive young people and has trained and published extensively on issues of gender and sexuality.
GFP provides the following comprehensive list of services:
- Support groups for caregivers, grandparents, siblings and family members
- Support groups for children and tweens 5 to 14 years old
- Support group for adolescents 14 to 18 years old
- Spanish-speaking caregiver support group
- Family therapy and parental coaching
- Affirmative psychological and gender evaluation
- Advocacy Groups for Caregivers and Youth
- Gender Inclusivity Training for education, health and mental health professionals
- Training and capacity building services for corporate groups and organizations
- Research on gender identity development and family acceptance